Saturday 20 October 2012

Time to get unbogged

My 12x12 Draft Mobile well and truly bogged in the mud
I knew I had left this blog without a post for a while, but I didn't realise it was quite this long!

*Blows off cobwebs*

For a very brief summary of what I have (or rather, haven't been up to), you can have a look at my very first guest blog as a recent Tuesday 12x12 author on Julie Hedlund's blog.

Thanks to Julie's prompt to submit my guest blog and the support of my fellow 12x12ers helping to push, pull or prod me out of the mud, I am looking forward to embracing a new bog-free writing experience.

Today, I decided that if I really am to catch up on the commitment I made to 12x12 in 2012, I really need to rev up the engine.  To that end, I've decided to schedule a First Draft Friday into my calendar.  If you're a fellow 12x12 laggard, feel free to jump aboard the Draft Mobile and the new  #FirstDraftFriday hash tag on Twitter and check-in with your progress.

What is First Draft Friday?  Exactly what the name implies... committing (to yourself) to get the first draft down on paper for at least one story.  And staying up as late as necessary in order to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment